Tap to Read ➤

Chyawanprash: The Nutritional Treasure of Ayurveda

Buzzle Staff Feb 17, 2020
Various ingredients contribute their essence to make a great final output. Nothing holds different with our Chyawanprash. Learn more about the treasured components that enhance the taste and the nutritional value of Chyawanprash...
Chyawanprash is a cleverly made ayurvedic formulation which detoxifies and rejuvenates the body, boosts immunity, and enhances metabolism. It is complete health care and can be taken by people of any age. It provides the necessary vitamins and minerals to the body. The legend is that Chyawanprash was made for an elderly sage to revitalize his youth.



Amla or Indian Gooseberry is the main ingredient of Chyawanprash. It is rich in Vitamin C and E, also has Vitamin A, B6, Pantothenic Acid, Niacin and Folate. While Vitamin C and E both are highly effective antioxidants that help rejuvenate the skin and hair; Vitamin C alone is essential for boosting immunity and maintaining cartilages, bones and teeth.


Chyawanprash has decent amounts of minerals such as copper, sodium, calcium, potassium, selenium, magnesium, iron, manganese, phosphor and zinc which help in the growth and development of our body. It also provides some amount of carbohydrates, essential omega-6 fatty acids and protein.


Chyawanprash is a great source of dietary fiber, phenolic compounds and water, which is why it is used to optimise metabolism. Chyawanprash has clarified milk(ghee), honey and sesame oil, which are carriers, and are responsible for carrying the herbs deep into the tissue. There is no Cholesterol and Sodium content in Chyawanprash.


According to percent daily value (based on 2000 calorie diet), 10 grams of Chyawanprash contains 1% fat of which 1.5% is saturated fat, and no trans fat at all. Total Carbohydrate content of Chyawanprash is 2.5% out of which 12% are dietary fiber.


It has a very less amount of proteins, but it boosts protein synthesis, which results in more protein absorption by the body. Clarified milk or Ghee is a great source of Vitamin K, it reduces bone loss, decreases the risk of fracture, and maintains overall bone health. It has Casein, an essential protein for our body, which also improves digestion.


Honey contains various types of sugars such as fructose, glucose, maltose, sucrose and many antioxidants. It reduces LDL (Low Density Lipoprotein) which is bad for heart when formed in excess, and increases HDL (High Density Lipoprotein) which reduces the risk of heart disease. Honey also helps suppresse the cough and lower the high blood pressure.

Sesame Oil

Sesame oil has vitamin E, B and D complex in high amounts, and minerals like calcium, magnesium, manganese and copper. It prevents bacterial infections, and repairs damaged skin cells. It slows down aging process.
These substances, when combined, prove to be the best carriers of nutrients in herbs to the deep into the tissues and help tissues absorb it.
The properties and nutritional factors of all of these compounds together are exhibited by Chyawanprash, which makes it an ultimate rejuvenating agent promoting longevity. Moreover, herbs like Ashwagandha, Shatavari and Vidarikand help boost vitality, and help in attaining a hormonal balance.
All these benefits truly make Chyawanprash a “Nutritional Treasure”. It provides most of the nutrition required for a healthy body, through the goodness of Ayurvedic herbs. PIOR Living Chyawanprash, launched in the USA, is available for shipping worldwide. Make it a part of your daily dietary routine and reap the many health benefits it offers.
Disclaimer: The information provided here is for entertainment and reference purposes only, and is not meant to serve as actual medical information. For advice about any of the illnesses listed, please visit a qualified physician.